Intermediate (3rd-4th Grades)
In the intermediate grades, students begin preparing for the rigor of advanced grade levels and are encouraged to explore and excel in their individual areas of interest. Third and fourth grade focuses on curriculum that allows students to be critical thinkers and problem solvers. Students work on executive functioning skills to be organized and prepared for the school day to ensure their individual accountability in all areas of life.
Intermediate Grade Highlights:
- Math becomes a collaborative experience; students learn how to discuss their thinking and reasoning with peers.
- Science incorporates the study of physical, life, and Earth.
- In social studies, students develop an understanding colonization, present day government, and the regions of the United States.
Third Grade Highlights:
- Students celebrate the month of rosary by participating in a project with their seventh grade buddies.
- Students participate in a year-long current event project.
Fourth Grade Highlights:
- Students participate in the State Fair and learn the 50 states and capitals.
- Students create an animal adaptation project focusing on behavioral and structural adaptations.
- Students transition from being younger buddies. They are important role models for their PreK-4 buddies.