The priority application deadline of January 15th has passed for applying for the 2021-2022 academic year. New applications are still being accepted. Applications for new students will now be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may be added to the waiting list as appropriate.
Looking Ahead: Key Dates for 2022-23 Academic Year
November 1st 2021 Applications available on website
January 15th 2022 Deadline for Applications
February 1st 2022 Families will be notified of acceptance
An application will not be considered complete until the Admissions office receives:
- An application for admission
- A $150.00 non-refundable application fee
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if applicable)
Upon receipt of a completed application for students entering 1-8th grade, prospective families will be contacted to schedule a required 30 minute screening with one of our staff members. Shadow days are not currently being offered. PreK-3, PreK-4, and Kindergarten students will not be screened prior to acceptance.
Families will then be notified of the admissions decision via the email listed on their application. A timeline will be given for confirmation if an acceptance is offered. To secure the spot, the New Family Acceptance Fee of $1000 is due. Half of this fee ($500) will be returned on request upon graduation from St. Josaphat School.
St. Josaphat School administration considers a number of factors in making acceptance decisions. These include parishioner status, available space, appropriate fit, admission age, diversity and long-term commitment to St. Josaphat School.
Serving Our Parish Families
St. Josaphat School is an important mission of St. Josaphat Parish and is here to serve our parish families. For purposes of this admissions policy, an active parish family is defined as being registered with St. Josaphat for one year or longer and contributing time, talent, and treasure.
We follow the Illinois State Laws regarding age of students entering preschool and kindergarten. Children must be of the following age on or before September 1:
PreK-3 – 3 years
PreK-4 – 4 years
Kindergarten – 5 years
In order to maintain an acceptable class size in each grade, it is sometimes necessary to limit enrollment. When this is the case, the following priority is applied in accepting students:
- Returning students
- Siblings of currently enrolled and returning students
- Children of active St. Josaphat parish families as defined in our Admissions Policy
- Children of active parishioners of parishes without schools, including transfer students from other Catholic schools that are closing or merging
- Children of St. Josaphat parishioners who do not qualify as active parishioners
- Catholic children of non-parishioners
- Non-Catholic children