November 1st Applications available on website
January 15th Deadline for Applications
Early February 2021 Families will be notified of acceptance
An application will not be considered complete until the Admissions office receives the following by January 15, 2021
- An application for admission
- A $150.00 non-refundable application fee
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- The first round of applications are accepted from November 1st – January 15th . We will not accept applications before November 1st. Note: Your application will NOT be accepted if all parts are not completed in its entirety. All supporting documents must accompany the application. All forms must be signed and dated.
- Acceptance letters will be sent to prospective families in early February. The new family acceptance fee of $1000 is due in order to secure your spot. Half of the new family acceptance fee ($500) will be returned on request upon graduation from St. Josaphat School. We will begin making offers to our wait list families by mid-February.
St. Josaphat School administration considers a number of factors in making acceptance decisions. These include parishioner status, available space, appropriate fit, admission age, diversity and long-term commitment to St. Josaphat School.
Serving Our Parish Families
St. Josaphat School is an important mission of St. Josaphat Parish and is here to serve our parish families. For purposes of this admissions policy, an active parish family is defined as being registered with St. Josaphat for one year or longer and contributing time, talent, and treasure.
We follow the Illinois State Laws regarding age of students entering preschool and kindergarten. Children must be of the following age on or before September 1:
PreK-3 – 3 years
PreK-4 – 4 years
Kindergarten – 5 years
In order to maintain an acceptable class size in each grade, it is sometimes necessary to limit enrollment. When this is the case, the following priority is applied in accepting students:
- Returning students
- Siblings of currently enrolled and returning students
- Children of active St. Josaphat parish families as defined in our Admissions Policy
- Children of active parishioners of parishes without schools, including transfer students from other Catholic schools that are closing or merging
- Children of St. Josaphat parishioners who do not qualify as active parishioners
- Catholic children of non-parishioners
- Non-Catholic children